Follow Us

What should I eat before running?

Prior to any race, a runner should eat a light meal of around 300 to 400 calories, that is composed almost primarily of carbohydrates. A pre-run meal should be consumed at least 2 hours prior to the start of the race, and foods that are high in fiber, fat, and protein should be avoided. What

Read More

Is it safe to run 30 miles a week?

For beginner runners, 10 to 15 miles per week is a more realistic starting point. It is common for more experienced runners to complete 30 to 40 miles per week with a well-planned training regimen. The amount of mileage you will want to run primarily depends on the length of the race you are

Read More

Should You Run Without Music?

Listening to music while running, can be a great way to improve your pace, but the music itself can be a distraction. Many runners choose to listen to music while running because it helps them to focus on the run and maintain their pace. It’s important for every runner to know when

Read More

How to run with a missing toenail?

Losing toenails is a natural part of the running experience. And while it may take as many as 18 months for a toenail to regrow, they are not needed in order to perform well in a foot race. Although there are a number of ways to prevent toenails from falling off, it’s not uncommon for

Read More

How Long Should Easy Runs Be?

As a general rule of thumb, 25% of a runner’s weekly mileage should be dedicated to long runs, and the remaining 75% of that weekly mileage should be an accumulation of multiple easy runs. Because of this, the average runner should complete four to six easy runs and a single long run

Read More

How to connect Polar H10 to iPhone

Does the Polar H10 work with iPhone? The Polar H9, H10 and and OH1 heart rate sensors are compatible with your iPhone via the Polar Beat iOS app, which is available from the Apple app store. Essentially, the Polar Beat app allows you to turn your smartphone into a fitness tracker by using the

Read More

How to sync MyFitnessPal with Samsung Health

Can I connect the MyFitnessPal app to my Samsung Health account? Yes. In order to connect your MyFitnessPal app to your Samsung Health account, you must first install both apps on your Samsung smartphone and then log into your Samsung Health account from within MyFitnessPal. Once both apps are

Read More

Is It Ok To Take Breaks While Running?

When you are new to running, it is common to tire quickly until you’ve built up the necessary endurance to run for greater distances without taking a break. Sometimes though, it is difficult to tell if you truly need to stop running to allow your heart and lungs to rest, or if your mind

Read More

Does walking increase your running endurance?

Training is an important aspect of improving every runner’s fitness. There are many different types of workouts that a runner might incorporate into their weekly training schedule. These often include some light jogs, interval training, and a longer weekly run. The reason for adding in

Read More